Pollution of water is one of the main threats in recent times as drinking water is getting contaminated and polluted. The polluted water can cause various diseases to humans and animals, which in turn affects the life cycle of the ecosystem. If water pollution is found at an early stage, appropriate measures can be taken to avoid serious problems. To make certain the supply of pure water, the quality of the water should be examined in real-time. Smart solutions for monitoring of water pollution are getting more and more significant these days with innovation in sensors, communication. The paper proposes a cost effective and efficient IoT based smart water quality monitoring system which monitors the quality parameters uninterruptedly. The developed model is tested with three water samples and the parameters are transmitted to the cloud server for further action.
JXCT Water quality monitoring system
JXCT proposes a method for developing an intelligent Water quality monitoring system with reconfigurable sensor interface devices using the iot environment. The proposed model uses sensors, field programmable gate array (FPGA) boards, and IoT-based wireless communication modules. Six different water quality parameters such as turbidity, pH, humidity, water level, water temperature and carbon dioxide (CO2) are considered in real time at the water surface. The proposed approach will help to protect a safer and more balanced water environment. As part of managing the environment and ecological balance, the SWQM system reduces the cost and time required to determine the water quality in water resources. In the proposed future work, WSN networks will be developed involving a larger number of nodes to cover the coverage area.
Routine testing items: COD|Ammonia Nitrogen|Total Phosphorus|Total Nitrogen|Turbidity
Heavy metal detection items: hexavalent chromium|total chromium
Other test items: Permanganate|Chroma|Hardness
(1) Automatic dosing with less reagents
· Time interval (1-9999h arbitrarily adjustable) Maintenance cycle>720h/time;
· Unique reagent formula, strong anti-ion/turbidity/color interference ability;
(2) 7-inch touch LCD screen
· With parameter settings, calibration settings, instrument debugging, other settings, etc.;
· Colorful interface/simple operation/one-key operation;
(3) Automatic detection and automatic cleaning
· It can automatically clean the sampling pipeline, measurement unit, digestion reaction unit, and pipeline of the measurement unit;
(4) Few movable parts
· Modular design/easy to install/easy to maintain;
· Realize automatic protection of system balance damage, once the temperature controller fails, causing temperature out of control, it can automatically cut off the power supply to ensure safety.
The cabinet-type water quality online analyzer is mainly used in the online monitoring of environmental pollution sources in sewage treatment, papermaking, steel, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, electroplating, metallurgy, printing and dyeing industries.
|7 inch touch LCD display
|Lower limit of determination
|≤30mg/L (refers to error ± 30%)
|The sampling period
|Time interval (1 -9999h can be adjusted arbitrarily)
|Recommended temperature +5~40℃; Humidity<90%