What is a water level sensor?
The water level sensor is a device that measures the liquid level in a fixed container that is too high or too low. According to the method of measuring the liquid level, it can be divided into two types: contact type and non-contact type. The input type water level transmitter we call is a contact measurement, which converts the height of the liquid level into an electrical signal for output. It is currently a widely used water level transmitter.
How does the water level sensor work?
The working principle of the water level sensor is that when it is put into a certain depth in the liquid to be measured, the pressure on the sensor’s front surface is converted into the liquid level height. The calculation formula is Ρ=ρ.g.H+Po, in the formula P is the pressure on the liquid surface of the sensor, ρ is the density of the liquid to be measured, g is the local acceleration of gravity, Po is the atmospheric pressure on the liquid surface, and H is the depth at which the sensor drops into the liquid.
The level sensor is a device monitor liquid levels. When the liquid level is detected, the sensor converts the sensed data into an electrical signal. Level sensors are mainly used for monitoring reservoirs, oil tanks or rivers.
Where to use water level sensors?
The uses of water level sensors include the following applications:
- Water level measurement of pools and water tanks
- Water level measurement of rivers and lakes
- Marine level measurement
- Level measurement of acid-base liquids
- Oil level measurement of oil trucks and mailboxes
- Swimming pool water level control
- Tsunami warning and sea-level monitoring
- Cooling tower water level control
- Sewage pump level control
- Remote monitoring of the liquid level
What are the benefits of water level sensors?
1. Simple structure: There are no movable or elastic elements, so the reliability is extremely high, and there is no need for regular maintenance during use. The operation is simple and convenient.
2. Convenient installation: When using, first connect one end of the wire correctly, and then put the other end of the water level probe into the solution to be measured.
3. Ranges are optional: you can measure the water level in the range of 1-200 meters, and other measurement ranges can also be customized.
4. Wide range of applications: suitable for liquid level measurement of high temperature and high pressure, strong corrosion, high pollution, and other media. Building an electronic water level gauge on the river bank can be used for tide monitoring.
5. Wide range of measuring medium: High-precision measurement can be carried out from the water, oil to paste with high viscosity, and wide-range temperature compensation is not affected by the foaming, deposition, and electrical characteristics of the measured medium.
6. Long service life: Generally, the liquid level sensor can be used for 4-5 years in a normal environment, and it can also be used for 2-3 years in a harsh environment.
7. Strong function: It can be directly connected to the digital display meter to display the value in real-time, or it can be connected to a variety of controllers and set the upper and lower limits to control the water volume in the container.
What are the types of water level sensors?
Ultrasonic level sensor-water level monitoring
The ultrasonic level sensor is a distance measuring instrument developed based on the principle of ultrasonic waves. It uses the transmitted sound wave pulse to measure the time at the receiving end to calculate the distance. The ultrasonic level gauge is made of ABS material, is light in weight, does not require maintenance and on-site calibration, and can be used in conjunction with a computer, data collector or other RS485-compliant collection equipment.
Water level sensor-smart liquid level sensor
Drop-in level gauge, Drop-in liquid level sensor, liquid level transmitter and water level meter adopt imported silicon wafer diffusion silicon core and stainless steel full seal welding structure design, with good moisture-proof performance and strong medium compatibility, which can be used in many industrial occasions with weak corrosive medium, and can be immersed in water for a long time.
water level/leakage transmitter
The water immersion sensor is a fully sealed design to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the product. The product has high sensitivity, fast response time, convenient use, and easy installation. The water immersion sensor is a simple and practical leak detection device, which can be installed independently, or used as a detection probe with other hosts for leak detection. This kind of monitoring system is integrated, through its input relay contact signal, it can realize remote alarm and remote equipment control.