What is EC in water ?
EC or Electrical Conductivity of water is its ability to conduct an electric current. We have a special water EC detector to detect the EC content. Salts or other chemicals that dissolve in water can break down into positively and negatively charged ions. These free ions in the water conduct electricity, so the water electrical conductivity depends on the concentration of ions. Salinity and total dissolved solids (TDS) are used to calculate the EC of water, which helps to indicate the water’s purity. The purer the water the lower the conductivity. To give a real-life example, distilled water is almost an insulator, but saltwater is a very efficient electrical conductor.
Major positively charged ions that affect the conductivity of water are sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium. Major negatively charged ions are chloride, sulfate, carbonate and bicarbonate. Nitrates and phosphates are minor contributors to conductivity, but they are very important biologically. The natural impacts on EC in water are rain, geology and evaporation. Human impacts include road salt, septic/landfill leachate, impervious surface runoff and agricultural runoff.
EC test equipment of JXCT
water EC sensor is one of the intelligent online chemical analysis instruments. It can continuously monitor data through the transmission output and connect the recorder to realize remote monitoring and recording. It can also be connected to the RS485 interface through the MODBUS-RTU protocol for easy connection Enter the computer to realize monitoring and recording.
Why use Jingxun EC meters for water testing?
- High-sensitivity electrode, high temperature and high pressure resistance, the probe uses high-performance PH glass electrode, high temperature and high pressure resistance, strong adaptability, long life, simple maintenance.
- Large 2.4-inch LCD screen, the value is clear at a glance, and the value is displayed in real-time high-definition.
- High precision and stable signal, allowing you to obtain every data at any time, with an accuracy of 0.01PH.
- There is a password to prevent data leakage.
- Multiple adaptation fields, one machine with multiple configurations, intelligent adaptation.